|Form Of Medicines||INJECTION|
|Product Type||Finished Product|
|Type of Medicines||EYES|
- Eylea (aflibercept) is made from a human antibody fragment.
- It works by keeping new blood vessels from forming under the retina (a sensory membrane that lines the inside of the eye).
- In people with a certain type of eye disease, new blood vessels grow under the retina where they leak blood and fluid.
- This is known as the “wet form” of macular degeneration.
- Eylea is used to treat wet age-related macular degeneration.
- It is also used to treat swelling in the retina caused by a blockage in the blood vessels.
- Eylea is also used to treat diabetic retinopathy, an eye disorder in diabetics that can lead to a buildup of fluid in the retina and cause blindness.
Common side effects:
- Bloody eye
- Blurred vision
- Eye or eyelid redness
- Eye pain
- Seeing flashes, sparks of light, or a veil or curtain
- Seeing floating spots before the eyes
- Vision changes